Cannabis Production Manager
Cannabis Production Manager APPLY NOW
The Manufacturing Manager will oversee and manage personnel to perform all the tasks necessary to produce a variety of items to our high standards. The Manager oversees and maintains quality control measures to ensure high quality product and carries out day-to-day tasks including: prepping and packaging. The Manager must monitor and maintain departmental standards in accordance with local state and federal hemp laws and regulations.
- Processing cannabis from harvest to sell.
- Bucking, Trimming and Packaging of flower.
- Prep and strategically trim flowers using company quality standards.
- Receive, process and package wholesale orders.
- Assist in pre-roll manufacturing, packaging and labeling.
- Print and apply labels
- Package edibles, concentrate, and other products
- Abide by product handling procedures, including company safety and health policies/regulatory agency compliance.
- Clean work areas, including equipment and facilities.
- Complete any additional projects as assigned.
• Clean and maintain equipment and processing facility following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; comply with legal regulations; monitor environment.
• Oversee production by creating and reviewing production schedule; study and clarify specifications; calculate requirements; assemble and accurately weigh materials and supplies.
• Coordination of the day-to-day activities of this team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules
• Establish clear goals and metrics for the teams
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems or measuring various aspects of operational effectiveness
• Manage expenditures within budgets
• Coach, mentor and direct staff to include issuing disciplinary action and addressing issues.
• Contribute to operational and strategic plans
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for team to meet established targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Productivity
• Monitoring of volume and quality of output and adjustment of tasks when necessary to ensure production throughput targets are met
• Monitor employee performance daily to ensure that overall product quality and company safety standards are consistently executed
• QA/QC duties that require analytical testing for quality and consistency; data review
• Operate highly sophisticated equipment
• Maintains inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment
• Create SOPs, training records, and related documentation
• Maintain material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
• Report to the Director of Operations on a weekly basis with updates regarding production and processing schedule.
• Ensure departmental compliance with state regulations and federal and state law.
• Assure that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements.
• Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the processing areas and documents production by completing forms, reports, logs and records
• BS/BA Degree or greater in Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent
• At least 4 years' experience in a lab or manufacturing setting required
• Experience managing/supervising a large team
• 1 or more years' experience working in the Cannabis industry
• QA/QC experience with HPLC and GC analysis highly preferred
• Scientific writing for processes, training, and procedures that require documentation
• Internal candidates must be in their current role for 6 or more months for consideration
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to schedule and plan workloads, implement systems and projects that align with strategic objectives of the company.
• This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department
• Demonstrated ability to manage operations to established targets
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize