Cannabis Cultivation Manager APPLY NOW
We are looking for a dynamic cultivation manager with a proven track record in commercial cultivation to join our indoor hemp cultivation and processing facility. In this role, your duties will include overseeing cannabis production, creating cultivation plans, resolving plant issues, and working coherently with other facility personnel. The Cultivation Manager is responsible for ALL aspects of commercial cultivation including cleaning, upkeep and sanitation of the cultivation facility. This includes, breaking down and setting up rooms, as well as washing and sanitizing all equipment for pests, viruses and disease.
To ensure success as a cultivation manager, you should have excellent knowledge of the cannabis plant and the ability to identify and respond to any issues that arise during production or cultivation. Ultimately, a top-notch cultivation manager should be a dedicated and green-fingered individual with a passion for cultivation.
CULTIVATION TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the daily operations of an indoor cannabis cultivation facility, including the planting, trimming, and harvesting of crops.
- Developing a cultivation plan and assigning duties to farm personnel.
- Developing & Managing a set-in-stone Harvest schedule, cloning schedule, and rotation of growth stage schedule (veg moving to flower,etc.)
- Developing, implementing, and writing Standard Operating Procedures for the cultivation
- Increasing production and yields
- Scheduling garden help based on a set harvest schedule
- Organizing the transplanting and cloning processes of plants.
- Checking existing crops for diseases and resolving any plant health issues, such as mildew or mold.
- Ensuring that the cannabis plant's growth requirements, such as lighting, soil PH, and nutrients, are consistently met.
- Managing the inventory of the facilities cannabis production, such as equipment and HVAC systems.
- Identifying and resolving potential threats to crop yields, such as pests.
- Breeding new cannabis plant cultivars according to the farm's specifications.
- Ensuring the farm complies with state cannabis policies and cultivation procedures.
- Duties include placing, skirting, trellising, weaving, super cropping, and de-fanning plants.
- Experience with Crop-Steering.
- Ensure feeds are planned, optimized, and adjusted depending on strain-specific requirements and needs using a Dosatron panel for automation.
- Neatly places plants into pots, transplanting, and germination of seeds
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Handle, mix, and apply pesticides in a manner that is compliant with rules and regulations.
- At times, the Cultivation Manager is also responsible for quality and efficient cannabis plant trimming in preparation for sale.
CULTIVATION TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
- Be 21 or older, a US Citizen, and willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC for this opportunity.
- A minimum of four years' experience working as a grower or cultivation technician in Cannabis.
- At least two years of experience in a management position.
- Knowledge of USDA Hemp program and practices
- Excellent knowledge of indoor and LED cultivation methods,
- Knowledge of growing facility HVAC, Equipment, Layout/Design and familiarity with lighting technologies and light optimization.
- Experience working at, and managing, a large legal cannabis cultivation facility or multiple grow facilities larger than 5,000 square feet.
- Experience managing water usage (via Reverse Osmosis water filtration) and knowledge of basic plumbing and water storage.
- Experience managing plant health and facility cleanliness to ensure a high yield.
- Competency with technology and must be able to use computers/smartphones, and applications like Google Docs, Email, Excel, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 Pounds consistently, and must be able to bend, squat, reach, kneel, walk, do other physical tasks possibly needed.
- Ability to pass a background check with no felonies.
- While not specifically required, it would be a bonus to have any sort of college degree.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solution-driven attitude, good analytical skills, and great attention-to-detail.
- A willingness to stay on top of current cannabis farming trends and best practices.
- Familiarity with state and federal cannabis laws and a willingness to spend time researching regulations and building expertise.
- Familiarity with the financial aspect of the cannabis industry, and ability to provide input on purchasing and profitability matters.
- Familiarity with Harvesting and post-harvest activities like Drying, Curing, Trimming, Packaging, Wholesale Sales/Distribution and Transportation, Grow Facility Security, and more.
- Comfort training all types of employees and interacting with members of the public, customers, vendors, business associates, regulatory agencies and officials, etc.
- Willingness to be the one doing the majority of the work, not just directing others.
- Cleanliness, GMP familiarity
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time